Saturday, November 28, 2009

With Respect to Transition Cascadia

Don't get me wrong, I concur completely with the bioregional concept and approach. That is why I have tried on Transition Oregon to start a group called Transition Willamette Valley Watershed.

However, I think it equally as important that we take the communal and inter-community approach. Thus you could see my unsuccessful, to date, attempts to organize a Transition Jefferson/Westside and a Transition Eugene/Springfield and Vicinity groups.

Eugene is a bourgeois super-sprawled atro city. If it were its own bioregion and not associated with the farther Northern reaches of Cascadia, I would suggest that it be called the State of Treesgon. The colors of the U of O Ducks are gone green and fool's gold. If I were Emperor of Eugene, I would be Michael of
Ro(ad)mania. The great majority here almost never leave their cars, thus there is a very alienated atomized unfriendly lack of community here associated with the non-existence of village centers and the endless zoned residential sprawls with drive-to and drive-thru malls. Napoleon Blownapart.

Having seen Salem, Corvallis, Portland, and areas between and my knowledge of the history of the built environment, I'm guessing that all metropolitan areas within Cascadia suffer the same PLAGUE.

In Peace, Friendship, Community, Cooperation, and Solidarity,

Mike Morin
Eugene

No comments:

Post a Comment