Sunday, May 31, 2009

HELP US (A Call in the Wilderness???)!!!!

Lenny,

I'm a Yanker, but I'm getting old so maybe that explains the lack of response... ;-)

To be honest, I'm not very proud of being a citizen of the USA OR an English speaking person, given the history of genocide and colonialism associated with each...., but "we've got to deal with the hand that we're dealt"..."so to speak"...

"There's nothing new under the sun"

I used to playfully jest with my father on that one...

I'd say, "What's new?"

He'd say, "nothing, everything's old".

I'd say, "older than most people think, or can think, but you would concede to me that life is a process of constant renewal?"

Let me answer that myself. Life is so old that we can not begin to estimate (accurately or will we ever know or does it matter), but not nearly as old as existence.

However, the way things are progressing on the planet, most of life is approaching that infinite abyss, unless we turn things around and fast, unless we make a conscious worldwide change and commitment to change that has never occurred before in the history of that species that is us...

We must not only recognize that Man is a flash in geological time, but more importantly those precious fossil fuels and other natural resources are so infinitessimally tiny and more importantly than that the use of the great squanderer, the automobile, even smaller.

We in the United States MUST commit to reducing automobile usage by 80% in the next 20 to 40 years and begin implementing such a demand side management and supply side reallocation plan almost immediately, if we are to have any hope, whatsoever, of avoiding the greatest extinction of life, particularly the human sort in the next 50 to 100 years.

Can we do it?

Is there hope?

Help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment